The most difficult part of a diet is sacrificing all the flavors and food that you know and love. At Chocolate Mousse Catering we can help you keep your diet..delicious!
Let us help your day by having dinner the right way!
- 3 cups (or 1 24-ounce jar) marinara sauce
- 9 no-boil lasagna noodles (you may not use the entire package)
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach leaves, loosely packed
- 3/4 cup roughly-chopped fresh basil leaves, loosely packed and divided
- 1/3 cup freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In an 8×8-inch or 9×9-inch baking pan, spread 3/4 cup of marinara sauce evenly across the bottom of the pan. Layer 3 lasagna noodles in an even layer, followed by half of the ricotta cheese, 1 cup of Mozzarella, 1 cup spinach and 1/4 cup fresh basil. Repeat with a second layer of marinara, noodles, ricotta, Mozzarella, spinach and basil. Then finish with a final layer of marinara, noodles, marinara and Mozzarella.
Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and begins to brown around the edges.
Remove and set on a cooling rack. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and the remaining fresh basil. Serve warm.